lördag 26 januari 2013

OVER KILL "The Electric Age"

Some wine´s get better by age. Some bands too. I have never counted Over Kill among the better ones of the old classic thrash bands. I have always liked some of their songs, but they have been a bit uneven when it comes to create really great records. (Though, their first two records are quite packed with unbridled energy).  At least in my world. I guess most of the downside for me has been the voice of Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth. It is  a bit hard to get used to, if you´ve listened to James Hetfield, Chuck Billy and Tom Araya a lot. Maybe I have been more openminded when getting older (I am not 100 years old, but close), but on this record I have accepted his voice. Not the best I´ve heard, but very unique and he also got that furious power and energy which you can´t pretend. Especially not when you´re around your 50´s. But it´s not just his voice I have learnt to like, the music on this record is very sharp and has a lot of youthful energy. The riffing is really great here, not many songs disappoint if any I would say. I think many young bands should listen and learn. Metallica did some really great records in the past, then they got too successful for their own good and made records they can´t be very proud of. Maybe this is what they should sound like today if they hadn´t grown too big. Over Kill still sound like they are in their late 20´s here. Bow to these fellas and show respect.
https://www.facebook.com/OverkillWreckingCrew
8/10

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar