tisdag 22 januari 2013

ILLDISPOSED "Sense The Darkness"

I thought Illdisposed was a death metal band, well this is not what I thought it was. I have heard ém before but never liked what I´ve heard that much. Neither did I this time. Far too overproduced. Like a death metal band trying to be the Devildriver of death metal without succeeding. The riffs are kind of groovy all the time, but a lot of the melodies played are too lame. It´s not that I totally dislike the kind of music the danish guys play, but they seem to lack both passion and interesting riffs. They sound bored, and I don´t want to get the feeling, that someone is bored when playing metal. Metal should be played loud, with anger and lots of good riffing.. Maybe they lack inspiration and just want to release an album, no matter what. Almost all songs follow the same formula, groove and groove without a meaning followed by a generic chorus. Add to that a vocalist who is very one-dimensional, and he uses some kind of distorted reverb which just sounds strange. The two last songs have some parts that sound like a real death metal song, but that is not enough for a death metal head like me. I need some focus, energy and power. Can´t find plenty of it here.
https://www.facebook.com/illdisposed1
4,5/10

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar