måndag 7 januari 2013

FACE OF OBLIVION "The Embers of Man"

James Lee, does that name tell you anything? He´s been the main vocalist of the masters of controlled chaos for 9 years.  His voice is very easy to recognize, since his "highs" are very sharp and distinct. Totally outstanding and wild vocal style I would say. Anyway, here he is with his new band since 2008. I guess musical and personal differences made him stop screaming in Origin, because this band is very similar to Origin in every sense of the word. Ultra technical, fast and with a lot of typical Origin-like riffing. I was surprised and very impressed when Origin´s debut album hit the scene in 2000. It was so intense, extremely technical, so brutal and so very in your face. Yes, I am talking about Origin again, because what I wanna say is that this band fulfills its function when it comes to mega super brutal death metal with one million riffs, but and there´s a big BUT. Origin has already released several albums in the same vein, and if you want a copy (A very good copy though) you can buy this too. If you can´t enough of James´ voice and "Origin number two", I think you will worship this. Overall I have mixed feelings about this record. Totally crushing, but it left me with feelings of wanting something more unique.

6,5/10

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar