onsdag 3 april 2013

LOGIC OF DENIAL "Atonement"

Death metal from Italy isn´t very exotic today, since the amount of great death metal belonging to the catholic country have now reached impressing levels. With bands like Hour Of Penance, Antropofagus, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Hideous Divinity and more we can now count Italy to Europe´s and one of the best "death metal countries" in the world. Logic Of Denial plays a brutal kind of death metal with aggressive fast
riffing, doublebass drums and roaring vocals. Just like you expected, right? If I compare this band to the aforementioned I think Hour Of Penance´s little brother meets US brutal death metal is a pretty good description. They have the skill and energy to create lethal death metal, but since the quality today is so high in this genre I get a little picky. Most of the songs have the same formula, but I should not say it´s generic music. Not at all, but I´ve heard it before and better. One thing that irritates me a bit is that the vocalist now and then uses the awful pig squeal which isn´t a great thing for me. Fortunately he doesn´t use this kind of technique very often, which should be a waste of talent since his regular voice is good. The production is heavy and chunky with a little dirt on the edges. Not crystal clear like most bands with a more technical approach uses today. These guys have done their homework skillwise, now I am waiting for really good songs.

 6,5/10

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar