måndag 19 januari 2015

DESECRAVITY "Orphic Signs"

Have you been to Japan? Not me yet, though I have realized that the people of this country seem to be so polite, so in control so very sophisticated. The outcome of this is usually that the energy and frustration has to come out somewhere. This is an example of that. It happens a lot on this record, every second actually except for a few seconds of breathing. If Erik Rutan (Hate Eternal) and Paul Ryan of Origin sat at a café and planned a project togheter it would probably sound like this. The riffing and the structure of the songs reminds me of both bands mixed togheter. Aggressive, technical and absolute supertight!  If you have a lot of time and a lot of technical talent, I bet this record could fit I you wanna put out some mindmelting guitar- and drumcovers on Youtube. I have often been talking about the ability to make the songs sound interesting despite the fact that a lot of things are goin´ on at the same time. There are not a lot of catchy riffing, since so much is happening every moment but since I like speed and technical talent I really like this record, it has been circulating a lot lately. Intensity with a lot of dynamics is the key I guess. I can´t really pinpoint what it is that keeps me on my toes but it certainly does. The only flaw on this album must be the production, this music deserves to have a thicker and crunchier production. Well, don´t mind the production, listen to the album and be amazed by the power.

8/10

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar